September 8, 2023
How Does the Home Building Process Begin?
September 5, 2023
The Fun Begins in the Design Center
August 17, 2023
Features for Easier Living, Now and Forever
August 16, 2023
Joy Is In Season. Reaping The Benefits of The Good Life.
August 4, 2023
The Celebrity of Summer, Tomatoes!
July 26, 2023
Free Range Happy Hours.
July 20, 2023
Your Cornerstone Home, the Best Place for a Summer Staycation
July 15, 2023
Escape to Spring Creek–Minutes from Charlottesville, VA!
July 14, 2023
Your All Access Pass to Summer Fun. And It’s Just Warming Up.
Community Supported Agriculture at Chickahominy Falls
Can you believe it’s May? I don’t even know how this happened. Just last week the temperatures were down in the 30s and I was wearing two pairs of pants to work... now the sun is high, the air is warm, and CSA season is just around the corner. But don’t worry, it’s not too late if you still need to sign up for the spring CSA at Chickahominy Falls! The last day to sign up is May 14th and weekly pick-ups begin on Saturday, May 21st. However, it’s important to point out that the CSA program is going to look just slightly different this year. That being said, our farm team has been working all winter to get our fields ready, and the produce is loving it! The last few weeks have seen beaucoup greens, radishes, and carrots coming out of the ground and we’re so excited for even more variety to be popping up here soon. Things to know about our CSA this year:
- Unlike last year, we will not be having Wednesday evening farm stands. Instead, we’re all going to beat the heat by staying cool and shopping from our walk-in coolers starting Fridays at 3pm through Tuesdays at 5pm. The best part of this schedule? You can shop whenever you’d like - the walk-in cooler will meet your schedule needs! If you’re a CSA member, you just ring yourself up at the checkout and apply a CSA discount based on your share size. This will actually help us out by more accurately collecting information about our weekly produce needs.
- This year, you’ll be able to use your CSA share towards other farm-fresh items like eggs, chicken, pork, beef, bread, sauces, and seasonings (just note that it does not apply to prepared foods though).
- Since CSA pickups and regular produce shopping will be on your own schedule this year with a self-checkout, we will be hosting regular hours at the walk-in cooler to help with this transition. During these hours one of our farm crew members will be around to help you check out and make sure you get all the fresh produce and quality farm proteins you need!
- The Pick Your Own Garden has been moved. But not to just one spot. We’ve decided to redesign the Pick Your Own to work throughout the farm. The options available for Pick Your Own will be advertised throughout the year and moved around the farm. So now it’ll be like a fun little game to see where it goes!
- Things to remember -
- Spring CSA May 21
- Summer CSA July 16
- Fall CSA September 10
- A half share is $25/week and full share is $35/week
Walk-In Cooler Hours:
- Friday - 3 pm - 6 pm
- Saturday - 9 am - 1 pm
- Sunday - 1 pm - 5 pm
- Monday - 11 am - 3 pm
- Tuesday - 11 am - 3 pm
We’re so excited to be back in the field and harvesting the produce that will be feeding our families and our community for the rest of the year. See you at the farm at Chickahominy Falls!
For more information on Virginia's only 55+ Agrihood community, contact us today.