Cornerstone Homes is a leader in building Active Adult 55+ Communities in Central Virginia. Due to our rapid growth we are always seeking exceptional team members. We offer competitive salaries, generous benefits packages and an exceptional work environment. If you would like to become a part of our award-winning team, please note the following positions available:
Cornerstone Homes has been dedicated to creating homes and lifestyles for active adults since its inception in 2001. Cornerstone Homes’ buying and construction processes are highly personalized, offering several design choices and flexible floor plans. Cornerstone Homes offer homeowners an active adult community that inspires a carefree lifestyle dedicated to wellness, connection and convenience.
Our Team is currently looking for a Purchasing Agent within our Purchasing Department located in Richmond, VA.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for assisting the Director of Purchasing in all purchasing and budgeting of base house and all options. Providing coordination of these activities with sales, operations, vendors, and accounting.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Create, Maintain and Update Base House and Option Budgets within the Mark System.
· Create, Maintain and Update Standard Specifications and bid packages for all major phases of construction based on standard specifications.
· Release Purchase Orders and Work Orders for all homes under construction in your designated new home communities.
· Assist Purchasing Department in maintaining all required Vendor/Contractor contract documents including scopes of work, certificates of insurance and lien waivers.
· Assist Sales to ensure that design center(s) have current selection materials.
· Assist production as needed to ensure that home construction stays on schedule and on budget.
Education and Experience Requirement:
· Experience working with Marks Systems (IHMS) preferred.
· Computer literate with the ability to work with Outlook, Windows, Excel and Word.
· Professionally perform multiple, detailed-oriented tasks with simultaneous deadlines.
· Advanced communication skills.
· Good writing and organization skills.
· Possess strong work ethic, integrity and loyalty.
· Team player with the ability to work well under pressure.
Requires the ability to work in excess of eight hours per day, in our home office. Also requires the ability to read plans, bend, stoop, reach, lift, and move and/or carry items less than 50 pounds. Office work requires sitting at a computer monitor for extended periods of time, completing paperwork and to receive/return phone and email messages. Standing is required for filing, scanning, and copying.
Job Type: Full-time