June 12, 2019
At Chickahominy Falls, We Give A Fig
June 12, 2019
Featured Employee: Meet Jennifer, Director of Sales at Cornerstone Homes
June 10, 2019
Lofty Dreams Come True This Summer With $2,500 Toward Design Options!
June 10, 2019
Summer Hot Spots in Virginia in 2019
June 6, 2019
Decorating Your Outdoor Living Spaces for the Summer
June 3, 2019
Why You Should Move to a 55+ Community Sooner
June 1, 2019
Add Zing to Your Outdoor Living Space with Container Gardening
May 23, 2019
Join Us For Yoga in the Barn at Chickahominy Falls
May 20, 2019
The Corner Patch Gardens Are Open!
Things to Do on a Rainy Day
- Get your blood flowing on the elliptical or treadmill while watching your favorite TV show. A little entertainment makes your workout that much more fun!
- Take a class that you’ve always wanted to try. Have you always been fascinated by yoga, excited about zumba, or interested in learning about lifting weights? Dive into an awesome class and find a new workout that you love!
- Did you know that our walking trails are still just as scenic during a light rain? Grab your umbrella and take a stroll! You and your grandkids will love feeding the ducks under the lake pavilion.
- What better thing to do after a workout than enjoy a delicious meal from a gourmet kitchen?
- Sit back and relax in a luxurious lounge area, where you can finish your favorite book, watch TV, sip a cocktail, or just enjoy your neighbors’ company!
- If you enjoy organized events and clubs, from book and movie clubs to social gatherings like game nights, you’ll love the packed calendar. Whether you want a day to yourself or an evening filled with friends and laughter, your clubhouse gives you the option for both during a rainy day.
- Have a classic movie marathon with your friends! Set out a fun spread of old-fashioned candy to turn your home into the movie theater you loved as a child (Charleston Chew, Cherry Slices, 100 Grand) and cozy up by the screen to revisit timeless movies. “Singin’ in the Rain,” anyone? What a glorious feeling, I’m happy again…
- Cuddle up with your favorite book on your covered patio or sunroom and watch the rain fall. The cool breeze and calming sounds provide the perfect ambiance to dive into a story.
- Shop until you drop — on the internet! Get all of your birthday and holiday shopping done, or treat yourself to a new shoes, or even a new vacation! Spend the rainy day planning your next trip to sunny beaches and take advantage of our Lock & Leave motto!
- The golden age of TV is here and you have so much to watch! Binge-watch an entire season of your favorite show in your pajamas with a blanket and some tasty snacks. There’s no better time than a rainy day!
- You have a luxurious master bathroom, so why not pamper yourself? Deep condition your hair, give yourself a pedicure or facial, and enjoy the pleasure of relaxing in your at-home spa.
- Your grandkids may already know about iPhones and social media, but that doesn’t mean that they won’t enjoy the hobbies you loved at their age. Keep communication strong and genuine through hand-written letters! Your grandkids will never forget the feeling of finding your letter in the mail and reading your personalized, heartfelt notes.
- You never have to “wine”about a rainy day! If you’re feeling spontaneous and fun, grab your umbrella and meet at one of your neighbors’ homes for an impromptu wine tasting! Red, white, and everything in between.