February 16, 2024
Heart Healthy Medicinal Herbs
February 13, 2024
Spring Creek: One of Our Premiere Active Lifestyle Communities
February 2, 2024
New Year Wellness
December 28, 2023
Our 2023 Year in Review!
December 12, 2023
A Recipe for Health
December 6, 2023
Building Your Dream Kitchen with Cornerstone Homes
November 30, 2023
Holiday Savings at Spring Creek!
November 17, 2023
Life Is What You Make It. Adding Life To Your Years At America’s ONLY 55+ Agri-Community, Chickahominy Falls.
November 17, 2023
Sourdough Health Benefits for the Holiday Season
The Comforts and Benefits of Single Level Living
It is no secret that single level living makes life easy. Single level living is easy for you now, but more importantly, you can rest assured it will definitely be easy in your future. And it is just plain smart to be prepared for your future! Just think of the times you have run up the stairs and forgotten something on the first level? Up and down, up and down we go! And whether it is moving furniture, bringing in groceries, or doing laundry, doing anything on one level makes things much more manageable and enjoyable!
Cornerstone Homes, the expert in designing homes for those 55 and better, see the demand and popularity soaring for single level living homes. “We have been designing and building homes for those 55+ for over twenty years. With our experience and continued research on what this target market wants, we are on top of the latest home design trends for this age group. Our open-concept floor plans with spacious living areas on one level and our timely and lasting features, provides greater accessibility and are generally more cost effective. This and a laser focus on healthier and happier lifestyle amenities contribute to Cornerstone’s highly sought after communities in the Richmond and Fredericksburg area,” says Frank Lackman, President of Cornerstone Homes.
Knowing when it’s time to right size for YOUR future.
“Our homeowners are not downsizing to smaller spaces, they are rightsizing to a space that better fits their lifestyle and what they may need in the future,” said Craig Logue, Sales Director for Cornerstone Homes. For many of Cornerstone homeowners, it was time to get rid of that big home with stairs, unused spaces and too much yard work. They want to be in a new, energy efficient, single level home with more flexible spaces, and much more free time to just enjoy life with like-minded neighbors.
FACT CHECKED: The Benefits of Single Level Living
- Open Living – Open floor plans continue to be the most sought after design in homes. An open flow between the most used areas of the home – the kitchen, dining area, and living room – creates a feeling of connection. This holds true whether you are hosting a party or preparing a meal for your family. The open living concept also allows for more natural light and air, higher ceilings and large windows, which is a big plus!
- Expansion of one level living to the outdoors with sunrooms, covered patios, screened porches and courtyards – for relaxing or entertaining outdoors all year long. All Cornerstone homes are focused on bringing the outdoors inside!!
- Savings on maintenance and utilities – increased energy efficiency with single level homes because they are easier to heat and cool and room temperatures are much more even than two story homes – saving you a lot of money on your monthly bills!
- Safer to navigate – no stairs, no thresholds… and easier to evacuate!
- Easy cleaning – no more stairs to clean (a back breaking chore!) or schlepping vacuum or laundry up and down stairs. Enough said!
- Options for lower levels or upstairs bonus spaces for company or for additional entertainment areas to kick back and have some fun. Great for grandkids or just added space!
- Smart planning for the future - you are set for whatever life throws at you! Peace of mind is a great thing!
These benefits of single level living along with many other reasons are why our homeowners are living a healthier and happier lifestyle. And they love it! Cornerstone Homes offers a wide variety of sizes and styles of one level living homes. Come visit a location of your choice and find a plan that is just right for you! Each of our communities offer unique experiences: Barley Woods-The Villas of Fredericksburg, Chickahominy Falls in Hanover, and Church Square in Smithfield.
Our Favorite Brand New Floorplans
Church Square is Cornerstone Homes' newest boutique 55+ community in Smithfield, VA, and we’re excited to show you our two new single level living floor plans! These homes are smart and efficient, with everything you need (open-concept design, large bedrooms, outdoor living, zero threshold entries), and nothing you don't (stairs, exterior maintenance, too many rooms to clean).
- 2 Bedrooms | 2 Baths
- Large Patio | Flex Room
- 1,397 Sq. Ft.
- 2 Bedrooms | 2 Baths
- Front Porch & Side Patio
- 1,350 Sq. Ft.
Watch the video below to learn more about some of the timely and lasting features you can find in these two new floorplans exclusively at Church Square, and in the floorplans across our other communities:
Looking to make your move sooner than later? Take a look at one of our many quick move-in homes in Virginia and start living the single level living life!