Categories: Apex, NC, Blog, Home & Garden, Local Articles, Richmond, VA, Wake Forest, NC | Posted: June 1, 2015
The days of a vast expanse of grass and a couple of lawn chairs are long gone.
Increasingly sophisticated homeowners want indoor spaces that flow to the outdoors, in effect creating outdoor “rooms” for living, entertaining and recreation.
At Cornerstone Homes, our unique approach to active adult living includes a variety of outdoor living spaces. We offer courtyards, patios and sunrooms, so whether you’re enjoying a cocktail or a moment of serenity, your outdoor living spaces are private and peaceful.
Stylish yet low maintenance, outdoor living rooms give you a multi-purpose space with room to play, cook and dine. Functioning as extensions of indoor spaces, outdoor “rooms” are attractive yet useful.
And for those of you who don’t want to quite venture outdoors, a four-season sunroom will bring the outdoors in year-round. Perfect for quiet reading, a TV room, or craft room, the possibilities are endless. The space is yours to personalize whether you want to step outdoors or simply into a room that makes you feel like you are!
5 Tips for Outdoor Living
- Make your outdoor spaces into true living spaces with comfortable furniture, rugs, cushions, pillows, and built-in planters or benches.
- Turn a corner of your patio into a full-functioning outdoor kitchen, complete with outdoor grill, appliances, prep counter, cabinets and bar.
- Carry the colors/materials from inside the house into your outdoor rooms. Choose bolder versions of your color palette and textiles so they stand up to the vast expanse of nature.
- Nothing beats the soothing sounds of a fountain, pond or waterfall. Add water plants and fish and you’ve got the perfect retreat.
- Surround your space with pots or planting beds, so you can enjoy being close to the flowers, veggies, fruits and herbs.